Welcome to the live cams at the North American Bear Center in Ely, Minnesota. Here you can watch the daily activities of our four Ambassador Bears Ted, Lucky, Holly, and Tasha and discuss their behaviors with other bear enthusiasts from around the world.
Ted’s Live Cam
Welcome to the live camera for
Ted, born in 1997, is gentle and trusting to his human caretakers. Ted’s pleasant vocalizations assures us that he is trusting of his caretakers, but he reacts to Lucky as wild males would react to one another with a female during mating season.
Ted enjoys resting on the logs in front of the viewing area windows and continues to vocalize with warm grunts as his caretakers approach him. Ted enjoys daily swims in the pond as well as showers in his private enclosure. One of Ted’s favourite supplemental foods is red grapes.
He has developed arthritis over the years and is under the constant care of his veterinarians, caretaker team and Dr. Rogers.
Ted was raised in capitivity for about ten years in Wisconsin. Ted was born in January 1997, the smallest of three cubs. He is black most of the year but bleaches to dark brown in mid-summer when he begins shedding.
Our bears share a natural 2.5-acre enclosure to forage and explore. View a slideshow about our Ambassador Bears below:
You must have an account at chatroll.com and login to view and participate in the chat. Please read the family-friendly guidelines for the chat room below. Our guidelines help to ensure that all chatters will have a pleasant experience. Should you have any questions or suggestions about this chat room, please contact us at [email protected]. Thank you for your support and we look forward to your participation.
- Be respectful to other Chatters and Moderators
- Bashing, harassing or bullying of any nature will not be tolerated
- Use language that is not offensive, maintain a family-friendly environment at all times
- Avoid controversial or inappropriate subjects (religion, politics, graphic medical & alcohol related conversations are not appropriate)
- Your nickname should not be offensive
- Please use lower case letters to chat
- Please value the lives of these animals
- For your protection, do not post personal information
- Any disruption of the chat is grounds for removal