Organization: North American Bear Center
Number of Positions:1
Reports to: Various Project Coordinators
We are looking for a talented and experienced marketing copywriter to work alongside our Project Coordinators in creating successful marketing and fundraising campaigns for the North American Bear Center. We have an immediate need for an individual to support this year’s Give to the Max Day*. Other projects could include iGive, TripAdvisor, and Combined Federal Campaign as well as creating promotional materials to support other team efforts throughout the year.
*Give MN launched in 2009 as a collaborative venture led by Minnesota Community Foundation and other organizations committed to making Minnesota a better place. To generate excitement, they organized “Give to the Max Day” that sparked a blast of online giving – $14 million in 24 hours. Since that trial run in 2009, “Give to the Max Day” has become an annual tradition. The NABC has participated in “Give to the Max Day” since 2010 and has raised more than a quarter of million dollars in just 5 days of online giving!
- 5 hours per week from August 1 – November 30 (GiveMN campaign). 0–5 hours per week December through July, project-dependent.
- Develop a communication plan for the NABC’s fundraising campaigns.
- Write compelling appeal letters and teasers targeting our supporters and vendors.
- Collaborate with Webmaster to coordinate e-mailing of all communications.
- Create a range of promotional pieces, i.e., e-mails, flyers, social media posts and announcements.
- 5 years of successful marketing and writing experience.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to submit writing samples as part of the recruiting process.