Organization: North American Bear Center
Number of Positions: 5
Reports to: Pond Chat Coordinators
Shifts Available: Flexible Shifts Available
Promote a welcoming, positive, and educational experience for all participants visiting fast-paced chat room devoted to educating visitors about the North American Bear Center’s ambassador bears.
Activities May Include:
- Report to assigned shift prepared and on time.
- Stay current with NABC activities by reading daily update, news, e-mails from moderators or researchers, and other approved sources.
- Keep chatters engaged by steering discussion toward bear-related topics and posting relevant links to information or video.
- Operate the PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera to track bear movement for viewers.
- Handle difficult situations with patience, tact, and respect for chatters, according to moderator guidelines.
- Keep up-to-date on moderator guidelines.
- Store and retrieve relevant links, navigate among multiple opened screens, copy and paste information into chat window, keeping up with comments posted on chat and in private message windows.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must have a Facebook account to post relevant information and manage comments that may be inappropriate.
- Better than average knowledge of bears and willingness to keep learning.
- Access to computer and Internet.
- Better than average keyboarding and computer skills – must be able to develop a system to store and retrieve relevant links quickly, navigate among multiple opened screens, and copy and paste information into chat window, all while keeping up with comments posted on chat and in private message windows.
Time Commitment: 7-10 hours per week. Ongoing preferred, but flexible schedule can be accommodated. Two-week trial period of training. Ongoing team support.