Grant Writer Position
Organization: North American Bear Center
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Senior Director of Operations
Collaborate with Sr. Director of Operations and other management staff to research and identify small, medium, and large grant opportunities for the NABC; build relationships with funding contacts; submit and track grant proposals and applications; and follow-up with prompt acknowledgment of funding gifts. Must understand, support, and promote the mission of the NABC.
- Estimated 10+ hours per week
- Research, identify, and build database of appropriate government, corporate, foundations, and private funding prospects for non-profits such as the NABC.
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry and proposal deadlines;
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the NABC’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assemble and submit supplemental materials including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner;
- Maintain a detailed project list and issue regular status reports.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of grant-writing experience for a non-profit.
- Certification by AGWA and/or GPA a plus.
- Quick study in learning the culture, programs, and financial needs of the NABC.
- Discrete, with priority on maintaining confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills.
- Comfortable using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- Able to work with management team to create a strategic plan for obtaining grant funds.
- Self-directed, with proven track record of setting and attaining goals.
- Able to communicate effectively within and outside of the organization.
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to oversee multiple projects.
- Effective team player who welcomes ideas and collaborates on achieving outcomes.
- Promotes a positive, professional image for the NABC to individual and corporate donors.