Number of Positions: 3-4
Reports to: Lily Facebook Administrator
Shifts available: Weekday Afternoons Central Time and Daytime on Weekends
Overview: The Lily the Black Bear Facebook page is a family-friendly gathering place where fans from around the world can visit and learn about black bears and the research activities conducted by the Wildlife Research Institute. The role of the moderator is critical to maintaining the page in a respectful, inclusive manner. In order to ensure an enjoyable educational and social platform, moderators constantly scan and review the page, answer fan questions, remove spam, and maintain established guidelines.
- Master the guidelines and show commitment to their content and spirit.
- Work independently or as part of a team to scan all or assigned parts of the page.
- Remove offensive posts and at times notify individual why his/her post was removed.
- Answer questions where appropriate.
- Elevate concerns and suggestions to Lily the Black Bear Administration.
Ideal Candidate Background:
- We welcome a mix of moderators from various backgrounds and countries who can work remotely from anywhere in the world on convenient shifts offered 24/7.
- Better than average knowledge of WRI research and the content on www.bear.org and www.bearstudy.org.
- Familiar with the use of computers and Facebook (or willing to learn).
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Work well with the general public and can be fair in evaluation of posts.
- Able to maintain a neutral position when dealing with controversial topics.
- Enjoy working as part of a team, sharing information and contributing to discussions on related topics.
Initially, 4+ hours per week. Ongoing, 6 – 8+ hours per week is average but many moderators enjoy doing more. Time commitment can be flexible. 30-day trial period with ongoing training and support.